NOT HERE Presents: The Governor’s Summit on Human Trafficking
November 12 & 13, 2015
Countdown to the Summit: 80 Days Remaining
Today’s Featured Resource: Ending Violence Against Children
- Supporting parents, caregivers and families
- Helping children and adolescents manage risks and challenges
- Changing attitudes and social norms that encourage violence and discrimination
- Promoting and providing support services for children
- Implementing laws and policies that protect children
- Carrying out data collection and research
Curious about what these look like put into action? Read the UNICEF publication here:
August 4th began our 100 day countdown leading up to The Governor’s Summit on Human Trafficking in Maine. Over these 100 days, we will be sharing a fact, a resource, or a perspective each day, to raise awareness, encourage discussion, and inspire action against injustice, both domestically, and globally.
We invite you to like us on facebook, follow us on twitter, and share these resources in your social networks to help us raise awareness that yes, human trafficking DOES happen in Maine AND around the globe, and EVERYONE needs to be involved to stop it.
Looking for more information on The Governor’s Summit on Human Trafficking?
Stay tuned! Registration information for the Summit will be coming VERY soon!